Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #272 (permalink)
CanesFan311
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post
Yep...that's about where I got. There were a few level 2 quests I completed, but then I got stuck. You said you started playing World of Warcraft? Do you like it better than DDO?
Well, I put off playing it forever. I'm a pretty die hard D&D PC gaming fan, so it was tough to leave their first major MMORPG for WoW. I was iffy about joining into that community cause it gets bad raps for different things, and a lot of the crowd that plays is a lot younger than I am (not that I'm old, only 25).

I was pleasantly surprised by what I've found so far. Granted, there are the smartass kids running around, but theres also a lot of good folks playing. I luckily ran into a helpful crowd almost from the get go and things got rolling fairly quickly for me. I really enjoy how large the world is, and how basically everything you do can have interaction with the rest of the world, where as in DDO once you entered a quest, it was strictly your group that you dealt with. I've only been playing since September, but it's actually proven me wrong in many of my doubts. I'm still picking up on some of it, but I've got quite a bit of it down so far. If you're looking to try it out, let me know, and I'll do what I can to help out.