Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Controversial Bands/Artists/Musical Genres?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 06:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
SwayBreezy
Groupie

I was going to say NWA, but Sweet Nothing beat me to it. They were very controversial concerning their anti-police and pro-gang related lyrics.

Ice-T also stirred up some negative media attention with his release of "Cop Killer".

Public Enemy had a few controversial moments.

Louie Louie by the Kingsmen was pretty controversial in it's day. That's pretty funny when you listen to it now.

Elvis always comes to mind to because of the way he moved on stage (pelvic thrusts).

Madonna was fairly controversial because of the way she used her sexuality in her music and live performances.

I believe Judas Priest had to go to court because parents were blaming their music for causing a teenager to commit suicide. A similar instance happened to Marylin Manson after the Columbine killings minus the court room.

I also seem to remember some controversy about hidden messages or backward messages in music, but I can't remember who the band(s) was.

There was huge controversy over Milli Vanilli lip syncing their music.

I guess there are different types of controversy. Which type are you looking for?
SwayBreezy is offline   Reply With Quote