Music Banter - View Single Post - Should file sharing be illegal
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
ADELE
Account Disabled

I agree.I mean, people sell cds are boot fairs and they can give a cd to a friend and yet if they pass it on on a blog they can get done.
But the thing is that pop idol such like shows that society is just fed a diatribe of crap mr blobby marketed rubbish and the best thing about the neet is that all types of bands and ideas can get an airing and the record companies want to monopolise it and use international laws to stop expression.
If you are not signed up you wont get exposure and noone will hear your stuff, I found many great songs over the years from bands noone has ever heard of and this is because they made their own album and put out a few.
The net means bands can get an airing and the RC's want to stop this freedom by introducing international laws.
Remember that new bands want exposure and freedom to share stuff helps this and they can then get more people to their gigs which is the point of being in a band.
I hate the control of the music buis as all people get is crap and many people haven't the time to search for new stuff and rely on the tv and radio to give it to them after work and unless we have free exchange the majority will never see stuff they may love to bits.
This stifles creativity and is outdated.
That is my opinion
ADELE is offline   Reply With Quote