Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Deepest Musical Secret
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 04:54 AM   #397 (permalink)
ADELE
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoo View Post
The two guys from ABBA were musical geniuses.

I've tried to explain this to people but they just won't listen. But behind all the camp costumes and silly accents were actually some of the greatest pieces of popular music ever written.
i agree.
Winner takes it all is actually heart renching and makes me cry.
It was about their divorce and I think the line "the judges will decide, the likes of me abide" is simply genius with the music.
IT also rings chimes with many people.
I heard it on the radio coming from my brothers in greenhithe back to herne bay and I actually began to well up.
Love is, to me the only worthwhile thing us humans live for and the end of love or the end of something that was once so funny and happy is just so sad.
I also think that great bands express what they are going through and we as the public follow their path and often see parralels.
Abba arrived with waterloo and it was so full of youthful optimism then they showed through song their lives and their pain.
Like the beatles grew up with a whole load of people and the start was so upbeat and full of hope and light heartedness and later it was showing their separations and hurt like let it be.
I see oasis the same. When they arrived it was like a bomb going off of youth and what the hell happiness then songs like let there be love and stop crying your heart out showed the end of the dream.
I think great bands capture a young audience then grow with them.
ADELE is offline   Reply With Quote