Music Banter - View Single Post - hate in the emo community
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 06:41 AM   #69 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealious
You said "when they do", which implies that they listen to real emo. However, you have made clear that you do not know much about the emo scene. How can you assume I just "gloss over [them]" when you have a vague sense of emo bands?
I was using what i`ve seen 'real emo fans' have said in these forums. There are hundreds of posts from 'real emo fans' saying things like 'Ohhh bright eyes & Dashboard are not emo you should listen to real emo like Rites Or Spring'.

Well , he said he did. But you ignore that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealious
Urban, I'm not trying to show that I'm "so much more emo" than you or anyone on this forum. I'm simply saying that Taking Back Sunday is not screamo, and if Punkrock wants to flame the emo forum then he better understand what he's talking about. Don't you agree that its pointless start arguments on things you know nothing about? Would you like me to go to the indie forum and say how the Back Street Boys exemplify the lack of talent in indie music? Would you like me to say that 50 cent is too violent in the classic rock genre?

It`s up to you.
I don`t really know what 'screamo' is & don`t particually care either. I think you`ve missed the point of what I was saying.All there seems to be in the emo forum are people obsessed with classifying bands into sub genres & sub sub genres & heaven help anyone who gets one wrong.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.