Music Banter - View Single Post - If You Could Change One Aspect Of Your Favourite Band
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #33 (permalink)
gopaldev
Groupie

I guess if Robert Plant could've hit the majority of his notes live, rather than lower them and improv/speak his way through much of their material while posing, I would've dug Zeppelin even more than I do already.

Don't get me wrong, I still think he was an incredible frontman and the band is one of the all-time greatest, but he came off less capable live than any of the others from a technical point of view. Technique isn't everything but when it sounded so bad-ass on tape I rarely got that from him live.

I guess I expected to hear certain songs like ''Rock and Roll'', ''Whole Lotta Love'', ''Dazed and Confused'', ''Stairway To Heaven'' and others closer to their album versions because they were so awesome and the bar was set so high for as to what my expectations were for the live versions.

I don't mind bands changing live renditions, in fact I often like it more, but Zeppelin for some reason came off lack-lustre and sloppy more often than not. Just my opinion. Cheers!

http://www.theintegralband.com
gopaldev is offline   Reply With Quote