Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #2316 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

DiG! (2004)

Documentary film cut from seven years of footage on the trials and tribulations of two bands and their turbulent friendship/rivalry.
One (the Dandy Warhols) becomes wildly successful. The other (the Brian Jonestown Massacre) plagued by dope, 60's revivalism and the insane genius (this is for the audience to decide) of Anton Newcombe struggles to survive and progress with his unpredictable behaviour.
The BJM line-ups depicted in the mid-90's sparked the careers of the Warlocks, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and others and arguably kicked off the rock revival of the early noughties, at least on the West Coast.

But yeah the film is good fun, exposes the fine line between art and bullsh$t you always knew was there... I saw this when it came out at a midnight screening and I was the only one in the theatre. Bought a BJM album the next day... though the first few Dandy's albums probably wipe the floor with them in technical terms you know... they played the game, just listen to them now. And they're rich.

I have a viddy link if anyone if interested, good shit

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote