Music Banter - View Single Post - No one has a better musical taste than anyone else
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

So, going by the logic that music is a COMPLETELY subjective thing without an ounce of reason behind it: if somebody waltzes up to me at my local Starbucks and tells me Duffy is superior to King Crimson in every way with a straight face, I'm supposed to just nod and smile without saying anything?

Give me a break and spare me the "ear of the beholder" tripe which supposedly characterizes your higher level thinking. If history has taught us anything, its that there's more to music than emotional appeal and lifestyle/appearance/performance of a vocalist. There's more to music than what my generationally minded friends tell me is the hottest thing on MySpace. There's more to music than what a corporate agenda shoves onto radio and television and Rolling Stone, NME etc. for the masses to gobble up like the swine they are. Subjective taste? Lol. Most people don't listen to enough of the available material out there to form an opinion of any merit in the first place, so why do they have the right to tell me anything?

Sheep will only know grass until someone introduces tastier plant life into their diet, and the purpose of this forum is to do such and foster new development in people who knew nothing else before. But if people want to think of that as elitism...then so be it.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 02-08-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote