Music Banter - View Single Post - No one has a better musical taste than anyone else
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
ixtlan22
Loves Jan Terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
The mods are always welcoming, it's the rest of the fuckers you have watch out for
... I wish I could say ****ER. Oh well, stars are pretty too. Wait a minute I see what you did... lets try this....

fuckers. .... SUCCESS!... (I will delete this post if it's that important to you)

Moving right along. I agree with Scots. I spent a lot of time being a music snob but every time I'm subjected to music I wouldn't normally listen to I find something I like. And I also agree with the notion that "if it makes someone happy then it is succeeding." I don't listen to much dance music but if our ant-eating friend had his way there wouldn't be much dancing at all because King Crimson would be blasting at the club.

That's not to say I don't think we are fed horrible music. Dance music is a perfect example of something that could stand to improve. There are a whole lot of people in Africa dancing their asses off to some of the best music I've ever heard, but that's beside the point.

Finally... how would our self-indulgent MB resident music snobs get their egos up WITHOUT the "crap" music to make fun of? Who would make them look intelligent if they didn't have the others to belittle?!