Music Banter - View Single Post - Mri
Thread: Mri
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
ninaNirvana
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey Boozer View Post
See if you can find someone you know in the first two videos somewhere around 2:43ish .

I told you you could write, Nin . Very impressive, passionate review. You write with clarity (yes I'm reviewing a review) and spot-on observations as far as I'm concerned (also in love with this band and the people in it). You've a unique voice for a music journalist, and that's a good quality to have in your line of work. Spot on, my dear, spot on. Keep it up

Thank you so much. That means a lot to me especially since I am already a big fan of your prose and fiction and slightly intimidated by better writers than me. I only know how to write analytically, so that is my 'comfort zone'...one day I will get to fiction...one day. For now, I like to stay close to music, art and films as they give me passion and energy to write. Thank you for encouraging me to be less shy about my work and my feelings about MRI's music. I HATE most new bands today so I have been very pleasantly surprised by how MRI has moved away from being just an Alice In Chains/Seattle sounding group to a more Radiohead-like mature and complex sounding art-rock band with an incredible amount of good songs.