Music Banter - View Single Post - Mri
Thread: Mri
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wifey Boozer
Meanie McFeany

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninaNirvana View Post
Thank you so much. That means a lot to me especially since I am already a big fan of your prose and fiction and slightly intimidated by better writers than me. I only know how to write analytically, so that is my 'comfort zone'...one day I will get to fiction...one day. For now, I like to stay close to music, art and films as they give me passion and energy to write. Thank you for encouraging me to be less shy about my work and my feelings about MRI's music. I HATE most new bands today so I have been very pleasantly surprised by how MRI has moved away from being just an Alice In Chains/Seattle sounding group to a more Radiohead-like mature and complex sounding art-rock band with an incredible amount of good songs.
I speak the truth, Nin. You shouldn't be intimidated, you have a wonderful talent of your own that you're sitting on there. Let it ride . As you say, you will get there one day, if you really want to and that's what you desire to do with your writing, you will get there. Music, art and film is great inspiration and muse to write. I only encourage those who I think have potential, people in the songwriting forum can tell you I hardly ever encourage anybody there, lol. You have a talent, Nin.

MRI is fantastic. I also, on the whole, hate with a passion most new bands. So agreed, that when I first heard MRI I was so pleased to hear something new that didn't sound like ****... they've always somewhat reminded me of Pink Floyd on some tracks, for some reason. Just sort of trips me out, in the best way. It's intelligent, skillful, artsy without being pretentious or arrogant. Just perfect.

... Stalin had a FANTASTIC moustache.

Formerly known as the Prime Minister of Spain.

[backintheubbr]