Music Banter - View Single Post - Mri
Thread: Mri
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
ninaNirvana
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey Boozer View Post
MRI is fantastic. I also, on the whole, hate with a passion most new bands. So agreed, that when I first heard MRI I was so pleased to hear something new that didn't sound like ****... they've always somewhat reminded me of Pink Floyd on some tracks, for some reason. Just sort of trips me out, in the best way. It's intelligent, skillful, artsy without being pretentious or arrogant. Just perfect.
Thanks so much! I feel the same way. Also you can download the album off their website and / or get it on a few prominent OMDs like LastFM or Mixposure if you're not in Florida or are outside of USA and can't get to any shows. From what I understand, you will also be able to purchase the CD on iTunes in April, but why not get it for free while you can! :-) I think MRI wants it that way as that is the impression I got during my interview anyway. They are not obsessed with making money like most bands...which I found both odd and strangely very refreshing at the same time. The are more obsessed with making art in almost a Jim Morrison state of mind. That impresses me a lot, especially in 2009...

Where Parallel Lines Meet – MRI – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm