Music Banter - View Single Post - Things that make me want to headbutt everything
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #34 (permalink)
WolfAtTheDoor
ironing your socks

9: Paypal and, to a lesser extent, ebay.

Okay, so. About 2 months back now I repeatedly tried to sell my xbox 360 over ebay. THREE sellers in a row turned out to be frauds, and their accounts terminated, but of course it would have been extremely petty for me to claim the money back that I had paid ebay to put the item up for auction in the first place. I just wanted to sell my console.

So, eventually, I sold my xbox to a customer who seemed legit. After a few setbacks, I informed him that I would be posting the Xbox to him a few days later than expected. So, I did so, and he sent an email to me when it had arrived claiming that the xbox was broken and that he was going to send it back to me. I said to him how no way was the Xbox broken when I sent it to him, but still received the xbox back anyway to check on it, as the 'customer is always right' etc.

Needless to say, the 360 was in full working condition just like I had presumed, so I told the customer that I felt it unfair that I would have to now give a refund after all of this, and that as the seller, surely I should at least have SOME rights.

Needless to say, I didn't have any rights whatsoever. Paypal gave a date for the case to be settled upon, and if it wasn't settled by then, it would intervene. As I was given no options other than clicking 'yes' or 'no' to 'has your item has been returned', and after already explaining in the open case form how I felt this whole scenario was completely unfair, I decided that I'd have to sit it out and WAIT for paypal to intervene.

After waiting a good few weeks, and having absolutely nothing happen other than seeing the words 'case pending' on my paypal account, I signed in a couple of days ago to notice that the money had been taken out. No explanation given. And, just to piss me off that little bit extra, I now had an outstanding fee of 4.68 owed to paypal.

But it gets better. I'm now attempting to buy evil dead 2 for 5 pound from ebay. But I can't do it. Why? Because it says I need to resolve the balance I owe to Paypal. However, when I click on the red link saying 'restore your balance' on my account overview, it takes me to a page that contains the words 'oops... you have an outstanding balance owed to Paypal. To resolve this issue click on the red link saying 'Restore your balance'. So now I'm going backwards and forwards, unable to actually restore my balance because it continuously sends me to the same two ****ing webpages, neither of which are helpful whatsoever.

I ****ing hate Paypal.

Last edited by WolfAtTheDoor; 02-10-2009 at 08:03 AM. Reason: typo
WolfAtTheDoor is offline   Reply With Quote