Music Banter - View Single Post - I-Doser
Thread: I-Doser
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
What annoys me a lot is that people don't understand how they are affected by things. When new treatments and so on are tested on people, every form of treatment which is not dangerous to the administered should be expected to have beneficial effects.

For this reason, every new medicine that comes out on the market has to be tested against sugar pills of all thing. You know why? It's because sugar pills also make people feel better. New medical products like new medicines have to do significantly better than the sugar pills.

Healing, soundwaves, magic, whatever - just about everything can have a placebo effect. Has I-Doser been tested against placebo?
I don't think it needs to be, since the people that truly believe in it are more the minority than anything. As you can see from most of the replies, many just find it to be static and weird noises. It's still an ongoing science, but about the placebo effect, I don't understand how it could need one. The program really can change your brainwaves, it's just a matter of the "effect" you get. THAT can be misconstrued and exaggerated. So maybe they will do one someday, but I don't think it's mainstream enough yet.
CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote