Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #51 (permalink)
TheCellarTapes
Music Addict

This is a good thread

10 - The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
Reminds me of 42nd Street and 5th Avenue in Manchester, those nights out when I was 16, exciting times

9 - Turn on The Bright Lights - Interpol
Whenever I listen to this, I always think of waiting for a tram at 6.30 in the morning, pitch black, freezing at the G-Mex stop. Also reminds me of a legendary Interpol gig I went to at the Ardwick Apollo in Manchester, that was a good night.

8 - White Blood Cells - The White Stripes
This takes me back to when I was in a band, travelling up to Lancashire on the M66 for practice with this blaring out.

7 - Parklife - Blur
My first album

6 - The Queen is Dead - The Smiths
I remember listening to this album at college with a mate, and both agreeing it was the most beautiful creation we had ever heard.

5 - The Autumn Stone - The Small Faces
Now this is all about the missus, quite a special album for us both, with every song taking us back to the early days when we'd be living out at my mums.

4 - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

High School, pure and simple, this was the soundtrack

3 - The Village Green Preservation Society - The Kinks

My all time favourite album, every song has probably been played too many times now, but it will always be one of the loves of my life.

2 - Is This It? - The Strokes

In the early 2000's, it was Embrace, Stereophonics and bloody Travis, it was not good, yet this dross was played in my favourite clubs, night outs were getting a drag, then Is This It? came out and BANG! We're back, The Strokes, I'm eternally yours

1 - Nuggets: Original Artyfacts of the First Psychedelic Era

They say this compilation changes lives. I wouldnt be spending the money I am each payday on music if it was not for this record. It opens the mind to the possibility that there is more out there then you could ever imagine. The motto of this record should be "best get kicking over those stones to see what's underneath them". A great release, and the best £5 I ever spent.

Last edited by TheCellarTapes; 02-10-2009 at 04:04 PM.
TheCellarTapes is offline   Reply With Quote