Music Banter - View Single Post - I-Doser
Thread: I-Doser
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 04:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

A main problem here is that your source is still not trustworthy Science is supposed to be unbiased. It means that you, as a scientist, do your scientific work without a pre-concieved agenda. You are supposed to be objective. Having a specific agenda, like making money, corrupts science.

The thing here is that so far, it doesn't seem like the guy who wrote this has done any research of his own. It looks more like a review and indeed, he seems to quote other articles, although which ones we don't know since you're not pasting a reference list. We don't even know if these articles he supposedly quote are accepted by the scientific community or not.

This guy is just taking claims and backing them and so far, we can't check his sources. He could be misquoting or using them in a misleading manner. He has the motive to do so, he is selling a product after all and is probably not a scientist.

Let's say he is trustworthy .. The text still does not explain how binaural beats can mimic the effects of hard drugs.

You probably think I'm just being difficult and that I don't understand, but I do. I'm working on my own scientific thesis in ecology and work alongside scientists and read articles etc. all the time .. and one of the very basic things all scientists learn is to be sceptic. Especially when there's a motive involved! Believe it or not, but if people want to fool other people, they are quite good at making the incredible seem credible. I'm sure I could back up some rather fantastic claims myself without that much trouble. That's why the guy behind I-Doser is likely not a good source.