Music Banter - View Single Post - I-Doser
Thread: I-Doser
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumguy View Post
I have heard allot from both sides of this new "Drug". I have even read some news paper reports about angry mothers trying to ban it ("F***ing unbelievable! ) I would be interested in finding out if it worked for the whole "Being able to do drugs and still pass a piss test" aspect. generally speaking though, i would prefer real ones, they have been tested and approved for years.
My thought is this though: Theoretically speaking, if you can recreate the effects of a drug and make your brain get "High" just with audio, couldn't you also make some one mentally challenged, or use it to make people do things against their will. I'm just spit balling ideas for the discussion, but if they could make a case about Marilyn Manson influencing the columbine shootings, what could they do with this one?

No,, because all you need to do to make it completely ineffective is to think about anything while the dose is being "administered". If you keep your mind busy on other things, you won't get affected by the audio, because in essence, your brain isn't paying attention. As for the placebo concept, can't anything be a placebo? There have been people who are given water and told that it is alcohol and actually get drunk. But for this, if you keep thinking "ohh I wonder what I am gonna feel" or "this is so weird" the whole time then you won't be as affected. For me it's more of a meditative thing than a "drug" or anything like that. About the people wanting to ban it, yeah i'm not surprised I can only imagine how many things are gonna be blamed on it
CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote