Music Banter - View Single Post - Blink-182 is back together?!
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 05:08 AM   #57 (permalink)
iksosept
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I don't understand why people love Blink-182 so much. They sound like a half-assed version of NOFX and considering that NOFX themselves are pretty half-assed sounding, I guess that makes Blink-182 only about a quarter assed. Where's the fun in 1/4 of an ass?
good point

I don't love them that much, but I was exposed to their music when I haven't heard many other rock-in-general bands before. It's as easy as that, I listened to dance crap before and then you hear Blink, RHCP, Korn, the Offspring and Marilyn Manson on MTV/the radio, you start liking that kind of music and listen to all their records. I would have needed an older brother or friend to show me the "real" rock,punk,metal stuff.
Now, having listend to those bands several years in school and after, you can start to acknowledge that there is "better" music, broaden your horizon, diggin deep into music history. But it doesn't erase the period of hundrets of days listening to Blink. You still have your favorite songs.
So now I'm also excited about what they'll come up with. Though actually, I'm not even that excited. But as soon as the album is out I will get it.

And of course, it all started by watching MTV and those bands -as someone already argued- doing catchy music with sometimes even great riffs. Maybe not original or pure, but my rock-virgin-mind fell for it.
+ I like the contrast of the two different voices of Blink 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Spinning_ View Post
I remember spamming the crap out of The Lounge with Anthem Pt. II with Ethan and Jibber.

<3 Memories.
Anthem pt 2 was always my favorite, and Adam's Song
Then Stockholm Syndrome
iksosept is offline   Reply With Quote