Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest Rock Singers
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #113 (permalink)
stereolunch
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Child View Post
great picks

love Danzig too

okay heres mine in order

Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) - This man has an irreplacable voice. His voice can flow into any beat, any sound he wants it too. I really love what he can do with the blues.

Eddie Vedder (his solo and in Pearl Jam) - He's one of my favs since I heard his Into The Wild soundtrack

Jim Morrison (The Doors) - His voice WAS what made the Doors the Doors.

Rickey Medlocke (Blackfoot) - Love the Southern sound and strength in his voice. It's so passionate and powerful

Layne Staley (Alice In Chains) His voice was so unique, without his voice, Alice In Chains is just NOT Alice In Chains anymore. His vocals was what made Alice In Chains different. R.I.P

Ronnie Van Zant (Lynyrd Skynyrd) - Again, love the southern sound of his voice

Mick Jagger (The Rolling Stones) - I have to say Mick sounds way better in the studio than live. He sounds more British live --I dont know why but he does. Great vocalist though, one of a kind. I consider him one of the greats.

John Fogerty (Creedence Clearwater Rivival) - Another great vocalist, saw him on a PBS channel putting on a concert and he sounds just as good as he always has. I just can't belive that he not only islead singer, but is also lead guitar in which he plays amazingly. You have to admire the guy.
Cool thread going on here!

I would take out John Fogerty here...I love CCR but I am not sure he is a great vocalist more an artistic use of a a unique voice....

I would replace Fogerty with David Bowie...

Maybe I would have to include John Lennon too...not only did he have a great singing voice, but he was one of the greatest rock and roll screamers ( listen to the last part of "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" ) and solo songs like "Cold Turkey".