Music Banter - View Single Post - the *** sex & religion thread
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 01:48 AM   #122 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Religion are lots of ideas put together that form a greater whole. People can either believe or not believe in it and if they do, they can spread it to others, so religion is in a sense able to replicate. That means that there will be a selection towards having ideas that make people believe. The idea that you will suffer consequences for not believing fits right in and should raise the religions survivability and seriously, if you removed all religions and let them evolve over again, you would expect this idea to reappear in most.

If you think people without religious faith are more senseless than yourself or others who have faith, I expect it's because you have to extrapolate yourself to imagine people without faith. I'm guessing that when you try to imagine how it is to be an atheist, you think "what would my life be like if I had no faith?".

If it's so, then that would be faulty thinking. Where some people fill their lives with faith, I have filled it with something else. I'm not a person who has less of anything, but this seems to be a prevailing idea with many religious people.