Music Banter - View Single Post - Mri
Thread: Mri
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #43 (permalink)
ninaNirvana
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
I'm not sure if anybody realized it but there was a spammer a while back named daren/MRI who tried to promote this band.

So while there is a slight chance this person actually is a music journalist I'm gonna call it a 99.99% chance this is complete fucking spam.

No allmusic. No wikipedia. And this "music journalist" comes here shoving this album by an obscure band up our anal crevices? Smells like a crock of shit.

Hmm...was not aware of that nor any 'spamming' [ but you can PM me if you wish to see my CV for sure ] - I would imagine a band has to be a little more established than MRI though to have a Wiki page already; maybe after Sunfest this year they will ( or when the album is on CDbaby and iTunes ). Thing is, I didn't get the impression at all that MRI is interested in album sales or 'being famous'; all their music is available for free at this point even off their website. That is the main thing that I found so refreshing about them; most bands are like "Buy my CD" and that totally turns me off.