Music Banter - View Single Post - Mri
Thread: Mri
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 09:30 AM   #52 (permalink)
ninaNirvana
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Okay, it's becoming more and more appearant that this review probably was for promotional purposes. If that's the case, you should've been a bit more up-front and let us know that people in the band and people involved in the production are personal friends of yours. The fact you didn't makes me think you left that out on purpose so that those who read the review would think that the praise came from someone who was initially objective.

I thought, perhaps somewhat gullibly, that you were praising just an album, not the first album from a group of friends. I stood up for you earlier in the thread, but this cheapens the thing a little bit, you know. It looks like people are registering on the forum just to praise this album now which I think might be against the rules on top of everything else.
OK then I formally apologize if you feel that way; but I did not want any of this and I am sorry that I feel enthusiastic about them...I simply have been a fan in the same way that one is a fan about Pink Floyd. I thought by including the interview it was clear that I was into giving the band as much exposure as possible. If you do not want me here in the forum anymore becasue I am a journalist, I completely understand and I thank you for being nice to me up to this point. I enjoyed participating in all the other threads except maybe this one. I didn't mean it to turn out like this..I simply sent the band this link after all the negativity....like I owed it to them. As of course they would want to see it as well as all the people invloved...they are just starting out and are as indie as a band can get...doing everything themselves not have a big label to help them out. I thought that people would be very intrigued by some new art. That's all.

Let me know if you want to ban me I would rather quietly leave with my dignity as a writer intact and wish nothing but good things for your forum, which I like a lot, as well as some of the talents I have met here as well.

Sincerely-

Nina

PS if I am allowed to stay I have decided my next review will be on The Spooky Kids ( who became Marilyn Manson ) I do know Brian from back when my sister played in a band called Jack Off Jill in Ft Laud in the 90s. and i think the story of MM is truly amazing.

Last edited by ninaNirvana; 02-12-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Spooky Kids