Music Banter - View Single Post - Mri
Thread: Mri
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #58 (permalink)
ninaNirvana
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereolunch View Post
What's the deal with all the German stuff/band? Do you know why there are two bands listed under the same name? I am not a huge fan of techno or house music...I mean...no offense. They should settle the matter by having a MRI America vs. MRI Germany battle of the bands ;p

Mr. Stereo Lunch:

I am sorry I never replied to this but the thread got er...sidetracked. Ha Ha

The answer is that at some OMDs, there is no separate indexing for artists with the same names since the bots and smart listeners like Audioscrobbler index by artist name. There was ( now defunct ) German house music digital music - sample duo called "MRI" from about 6 years ago but their stuff is still on the web. MRI being a new band, has to share their LastFM page, and at present the German band has a higher playrank since they have been around for a while but all the albums and mp3s are interspersed and indexed together. The American MRI band albums are "Where Parallel Lines Meet" and "Now And Xyen" EP which has dance-techno and ska-reggae tracks mostly along with some experimental music.

I hope this makes things clear. You can PM me if you want more details-

Thanks-

Nina

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN CAVEMAN View Post
oops
Yes I feel dumb & I PM'd you that you got me. I was hoping no one would notice :-) But you did. Addmitted I feel kinda like a dumb girl at the moment. Little did I know what he was going to write.