Music Banter - View Single Post - Ccr
Thread: Ccr
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman64 View Post
they are awesome I love down on the corner
/reversepolaritybatman

You know something, Down on the Corner is ****ing amazing. You know why? one line.

"You don't need a penny, just to hang around, but if you get a nickle won't cha lay ya money down"

BAM! those bolded lyrics right there. brilliant. Let me explain something, there is a rare move of skill in music, its a slight layinto on the melody, which leaves a gap around the rest of the music, otherwise covered by the rolling melody. But when you really hammer the one part, it leaves space and adds an unintentional empahsis.

I can't explain how amazing that one part of the song is, but thats where the drive is, thats when Old Man Fogerty is ****ing feeling it. Its like he's doing a headstand on his voice. It is the pinnacle, the apex, the killing blow in the song. The part every drunk should attempt, that every mother hums to her child, that the day laborers use to get them through.

You should play that song, and that part with your garage band and then you should ****ing collapse because you just baked the inside of your own soul.