Music Banter - View Single Post - Life After Death
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 12:50 AM   #67 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chard View Post
what does it cost you 2 believe in a spiritual kingdom,where their is nomore suffering, death.it doesnt cost you any money you really dont have 2 give anything up sex,drugs n rocknroll.all it costs you is your soul and whats that anyway.does any1 like 2 b told what 2 do no definatly not by your father,so jesus made a bridge 4 those who choose 2 believe so we have eternal life.we dont change god changes us so sit back n relax if u want 2 live 4 ever then believe if not then exsist in the realm of nothingness hell boring.x
If you're going to partake in any kind of intelligent discussion here, please use proper english, it will make us all hate you less.

Secondly, no it costs nothing to believe in a "spiritual kingdom," except for the fact in that in believing in a kingdom in the afterlife open exclusively to those who choose to believe a book of stories I'd be denying my rationality and narrowing my mind considerably in accepting that anyone who didn't come to the same conclusion I came to was damned to hell.

I have no problem whatsoever with people believing in an afterlife. I DO however have a problem with people who believe in heaven and hell, that members of their religion are the only ones who will be permitted to this wonderful kingdom, and the rest of us heathens are damned to hell. It's narrow minded, conceited, and utterly self absorbed drivel left over from an outdated and obsolete time period where societies' rulers used religion as a way to keep the population under their control.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote