Music Banter - View Single Post - Accents
Thread: Accents
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #66 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

I love Irish and Aussie accents. I still laugh to myself thinking about my Aussie cousins boyfriend saying "**** the red man" referring to traffic lights while crossing a road. All in a very strong Aussie accent of course. And when I was out there I loved just listening to people talk.

I'm not a fan of a very strong Glasweigan accent as I cant understand it. Even though the Scottish accent is supposed to be very close to the Geordie I still cant understand Glasweigans.

The Manc accent I dont mind but when very broad it can annoy me slightly, as can the Scouse. I'm not a fan of the ****ney or Brummie.

I have a Mackem (Sunderland) accent which to someone who doesnt live up here will just sound Geordie. There are minor differences though. If i was to walk through Newcastle on derby day I'd get lynched if i opened my mouth as they would be able to tell I was "one of them" right away.

I dont feel I have a very strong accent, even though Im probably identifiable to someone from further south as being from the north east. Oddly though my accent can get stronger and stronger with every beer until its ridiculously broad.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote