Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #102 (permalink)
ixtlan22
Loves Jan Terri

I could not possibly come up with an order of importance.

10. Graceland- Paul Simon- I suppose equally as important as the record was the VHS tape from the Graceland Tour that I spent hours watching on repeat as a boy of about 3, sitting in my little rocking chair, strumming a broom for lack of a guitar.

9. Physical Grafitti (Disc 1)- Led Zeppelin- I say just disc one because when I bought the record at a yard sale only Disc 1 was in it. Bonham changed my life forever.

8. Aenima- Tool- Buying this record was when I really, truly started taking music seriously.

7. The Letting Go- Bonnie "Prince" Billy- This is pretty recent. Rarely have I played a record so much immediately after buying it. Its my folk dream come true.

6. Abbey Road- The Beatles- This and Graceland were the two records that I can remember being played repeatedly in my house while growing up. This will always be my favorite Beatles record.

5. McLusky Do Dallas- McLusky- Reminded me how awesome true grit can be. Also that music doesn't always have to be serious.

4. Grassroots- 311- This may not be a popular selection on this forum but when I was 13 this record was a humongous influence on me. It still retains plenty of nostalgic value, and I do genuinely still enjoy a lot of it.

3. Music For 18 Musicians- Steve Reich- My introduction to minimalism. This piece has definitely left a huge impact on me ever since I heard it.

2. Vespertine- Bjork- This was one of those records that was introduced to right at the perfect time. Also, reminded me how beautiful the female voice can be.

1. Bitches Brew- Miles Davis- This is the only record that is in order on this list. Hearing it for the first time completely blew my mind. Since I have been looking for the next step musically and I have yet to find it. Live At The Fillmore 1970- It's About That Time rekindled my love for this era of Miles to a new precedent as well, but I'll just call that a derivative of BB.