Music Banter - View Single Post - Coldplay
Thread: Coldplay
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #495 (permalink)
lieasleep
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownknight View Post
I thougt jays verse on lost was mediocre as everything. I still dig coldplay, less with every album though. They were at there best on rush of blood to me. I have a feeling they will get back to that sound in the future. I thought eno would have a different effect on them than he has.
you see, i agree that rush of blood was their best. but if you listen to their albums in succession then one would hear a general watering down of their music. their songs have become easier to digest than white rice. i don't think that they will be going back to their old sound because they have found that age old music secret: easier to digest = more sales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
I still havent heard their new record yet though, even though I have it, so maybe I shouldnt speak too soon.
i would hold off on listening to it. it's really nothing special. not bad. but it is obviously an album made with every intention of making the general public and as many average joes as possbile like it. it is an album made to sell.

and if you do listen then don't enjoy the title track too much because it is literally stolen from joe satriani's "If I Could Fly"

a song well sung is a sung well song so sing.
lieasleep is offline   Reply With Quote