Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 10:12 PM   #104 (permalink)
mannny
**** Steve Harvey

I based this list on what albums have had the greatest role in shaping what I listen to today. Some I never listen to anymore, some I still listen to daily.

(No Order)
Andrew Bird - Mysterious Production of Eggs - This is the first album that I sort of found on my own. You know that feeling you get when you find a really great artist that you think no one else knows about? This was the first time I got that feeling.

The Beatles - White Album - The Beatles are probably the one band that has had the greatest role in shaping what I listen to today. This album still remains one of my favorites of all time.

Beethoven's Piano Sonatas performed by Claudio Arrau - The reason I love music. Absolute perfection.

Chopin's Nocturnes performed by Artur Rubinstein - The nocturnes are my favorite pieces to play and they are also a big reason why I love classical music so much. One of the first set of classical pieces I truly loved.

Elliot Smith - S/T - This album is one of the reasons why I love folk music. It helped me get out of my "classic rock" phase when I was younger, and really expand my taste in music to many more genres.

John Coltrane - My Favorite Things - First jazz album I fell in love with. And it's still my favorite jazz album to this day.

Led Zeppelin - Zepp IV - I remember when I was maybe ten years old I listened to one of my dad's old cassettes of zepp IV everyday. I thought that they were the best thing to happen to the world. My first favorite band, though I can't say I listen to them much at all anymore.

Radiohead - Amnesiac - Favorite album from one of my current favorite bands.

Pink Floyd - Animals - Huge influence on what I listen today. Also helped open the door to many other genres of music.

The White Stripes - White Blood Cells - This album has had a very large impact on what I listen to today.