Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Albums I Couldn't Think of A Creative Thread Title For
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 07:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
FaSho
____

92.Costello Music-The Fratellis

I got this album a long time ago, and had no idea it would get so big. It deserves all of that hype though, because it's no tjust some U.K. indie bore. It's really compelling feel-good music, with the occasional yet equally amazing ballad-type. It's a great party album, but it also has that lovey message that makes you read between the line to get the point each track is trying to get across.
Highlights: For The Girl, Ole Black N' Blue Eyes, Vince The Loveable Stoner

91.Cansei De Der Sexy-CSS

This album is so different. I love it because I don't have another album like it. It's poppy, it's fun, it's electro. There's really nothing to get about this album, it's just fun, pure and simple. It definatley has a few filler tracks, but other then that there aren't any misses on this album, it's just great.
Highlights: Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above, Art Bitch, Superafim

90.Bleed American-Jimmy Eat World

This album kicks ass. Yes it's been done before, and yes it's been done better, but when you're listening to it, none of that matters. It really shows off what JEW are capable of, and is easily their best work. I never thought of them as a very good band until I heard this album, they were just okay, if you feel the same way, get this album, it will change your opinion completley.
Highlights: Bleed American, Sweetness, The Authority Song

89.Take Offs and Landings-Rilo Kiley

I have to thank WWWP for this one. It's one amazing album, and I don't want to sound stupid, but it's really one of the few indie-ish albums I REALLY like. It has some misses, but that doesn't take away from all the hits. I've always liked the whole female and male duet vocals in albums likethis, and it's easy to do it wrong, but thi album definatley does it right. Jenny Lewis is an amazing singer and everyone in that band no what they're doing.
Highlights: Wires and Waves, August, Plane Crash In C
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote