Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #361 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
K, I'll try to finish this. But you gotta remember I never made a list in advance, I'm just making it up as I go.
I have a suggestion for one you haven't mentioned yet...

I'm not as much of a gamer as most of the people posting in this thread, until a few weeks ago the most recent video game console I had owned was the old NES which I got for my birthday back in 1988. But my wife really wanted a Wii so we pooled our christmas gift cards and bought one. It's really fun and I'm constantly amazed by how incredible the graphics, sound and complexity of modern games are compared to my old NES, but there has been one development that has occurred while I was out of the video game loop that I think is fucking awful: Why does every damn game I play have to have these fucking interminable dialogue sequences and lengthy movies in between levels? And why is it not possible to skip so many of them? Seriously, if I wanted to watch a movie, I'd watch a movie. I'm here to play a game, please just let me play it in peace without boring me with a bunch of poorly scripted chit-chat and pointless animation.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote