Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bulldog 150
Thread: The Bulldog 150
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #35 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

And the next batch;

80. Gang Of Four - Entertainment! (1979)

Another post-punk classic here, this time in the form of the debut effort from Leeds' favourite commies! As well as being one of the earliest examples of funk and rock being combined, it naturally takes those two genres and injects them with the energy and flair of the Sex Pistols, mixes them up and from the puff of smoke which follows such a genre experiment comes a spiky, energetic record with a real fire in its belly.
The best bits: Not Great Men, I Found That Essence Rare, At Home He's a Tourist

79. Blur - Parklife (1994)

Another pretty obvious choice I don't really need to explain. One of the finest pop records of all-time - if you don't dig there's something very wrong with you.
The best bits: Tracy Jacks, Clover Over Dover, Magic America

78. The Residents - Third Reich 'n' Roll (1976)

The Residents are another one of those bands you'd have fun trying one album for a list such as this from. This gets the spot here though for the fact it's such a mind-bogglingly avante-garde effort, while steering well clear of the pretentious margin, and massively rewarding upon repeated listenings. For those of you who don't know it, it's basically one 36 minute long medley of various 60s pop songs (among them Hey Jude, Yummy Yummy Yummy and I Want Candy) being completely butchered by the band.
The best bits: just brew a cuppa coffee and listen to the whole thing

77. The Meteors - Stampede (1985)

Definitely my favourite psychobilly album this. A really exciting effort from the band which arguably gave the sub-genre its distinct sound, featuring some absolutely insane guitar-work from P. Paul Fenech as well. These guys deserve to be better known.
The best bits: Hoover Rock, Kit Boy, I'm Just a Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
^^ that's four shit albums right there. Well done bozo

MSN quick?
I'll think about it...
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote