Music Banter - View Single Post - iTunes wants me to commit suicide
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 03:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Default iTunes wants me to commit suicide

I'm not really hoping for anybody to shed light on this but it's been going on two years of hoarding digital music and I am finally paying the price.

I've got a pretty decent external hard-drive to back everything up, I had my iTunes copying all new files to it (of course preventing me from archiving the digital files the way I wanted to). This external hard-drive was set as my iTunes music folder.

I started up this morning to find that for whatever reason iTunes was a blank slate and I had to have it search all over again for mp3 files. I directed it to the hard-drive location folder. After half an hour all my music was back in the iTunes window except ALL the tag admendments I had made were gone, leaving me with hundreds of misnumbered, un-named music files, and ofcourse some random shit missing.

On top of this, when iCunt had decided to re-boot, it erased all of my iTunes playlist information. This was where I separated all of my music by genre and in the case of rock music, decade. I did this as I accumulated music and the rock-by-decades playlists (sixties, seventies etc) took many, many hours of scrolling and dragging.

I am livid and fed up, I knew I was putting too much stock in something so fleeting and material but it kept me sane. It's not the end of the world if you have a meaningful existence, which I don't, and at least the music is still there, I was just wondering if iTunes has screwed of many of you saps?

I imagine there are possible solutions - resetting the computer to a previous date, I also think iFuck saves and stores old library data but the thought of having to trawl the endless help forums again... I'd rather take a razor blade to my scrotum.

So, feel free to deposit your anti-iTunes bile in this shitty thread. And if anybody tells me I should have used winamp (been there, hated it), I will... make disparaging remarks about your relatives

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote