Music Banter - View Single Post - Karmakanic - Who's the Boss in the Factory? Review
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
FreddeGredde
Groupie

I don't know if it's alright to write my own review in this thread, but I figure, why not? ^^ Those who are interested in the album should appreciate another opinion of it. Although the overall impression isn't that different.

So anyway:

Send a message from the heart: The good thing about it that there's not one single bad part for 20 minutes, and I really love the intro and the jazzy part in the middle. The only thing I want to complain about is that the song is just too.. mellow all the time. I'd like at least SOME heavier part in a 20 minute epic. 4/5

Let in Hollywood: Catchy and groovy poprock song with a salsa-influenced chorus, at least that's how I see it. ^^ (Makes me think of Dexter, the tv series.) Fun! 4/5

Who's the boss in the factory?: I don't like the beginning, where Göran does his best at singing the really low notes. It just doesn't sound good. I have some sort of gripe with the chorus too, but other than that it's great! I'm still kinda disappointed with it since it has the ingredients to be one of the best songs ever! Now it's just outstanding. 4/5

Two blocks from the edge: The epic prog ending should have been attached to a better song, because I don't like this one at all. I think it's too monotonous and.. dull. 2/5

Eternally pt 1+2: The song starts out a bit too slowly, but it gets incredibly emotional and beautiful at the end! The accordion is interesting, but even if it's amazing I think there's too much of it. 4/5

So, I guess it's a very even album, most of it is great. I have two complains about it, first that none of the songs are "worldclass masterpieces" that would take a spot in my top ten list for their respective categories. Well, maybe Let in Hollywood. Secondly I think it's just a bit too "nice" all the time, I would have liked some more contrast.

Still I'd have to say it's the best Karmakanic album yet! 4/5