Music Banter - View Single Post - Black History Month...
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Kamikazi Kat
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by khfreek View Post
Yeah, and we'll just let kids learn everything they need to know about other races from their parents and peers. The only way a black history month could ever cause racism is if there was no racism to begin with.
You don't need to dedicate a month to one race to teach people understanding and history about that race. I do agree, however, that history is important, for all races/groups.

What do you guys think of a month dedicated to ALL races. Just cultural/ethnic history month, or even just history month if you wanted to include other groups such as homosexuals. It would be a month that teaches understanding and history of people. There are plenty of other races out there, besides blacks, that also experience racism and misunderstanding.

I am not frowning upon teaching people the history of black people, I am frowning up how they are the only race that gets an entire month for their history to be taught. Either no race/group should get their own month, or 1 month should be dedicated to all races/groups. I wouldn't want it 1 month dedicated to each race, or even just 1 day, just one month for all races/groups.

Last edited by Kamikazi Kat; 02-16-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Kamikazi Kat is offline   Reply With Quote