Music Banter - View Single Post - 25 Random Facts About You
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

1. I'm a lazy sod. I should be reading a play called Poor Beast In the Rain for my course right now and, instead, here I am!

2. I've nearly died twice. Once from meningitis when I was about 6 months old, once from anemia when I was about 2.

3. I had a cancer scare about a year ago.

4. I'm a filthy chain-smoker.

5. I probably drink far too much as well.

6. I have a dartboard on my door with Steve McClaren's face on it.

7. I love the rain.

8. No-one calls me by my real name at home except my family.

9. I have a very sarcastic, 'British' sense of humour, which too many people I meet mistake for being a smart-arse twat.

10. I write down random phrases I hear or think of to use as ideas for writing. For example, in front of me right now is a piece of paper which says nothing but 'Christ, it's a geezer!' on it.

11. I'm a pretentious sod.

12. I think everyone should be a little bit more like Tom Waits or else die at his hand.

13. Ever since I worked for telemarketers the word 'job' sends a shiver down my spine.

14. There is no 14th fact.

15. I think the Marooned episode of Red Dwarf (series 3) is just about the funniest half-hour in comedy history.

16. I'm not a big reader, but I do acknowledge it's something I should do more often.

17. One of my best friends in the whole wide world works for KPMG in Dubai, so if I'm ever short of a tenner, I know who to ask.

18. My flat window has a terrific view of a pasty factory and several tire/MOT shops.

19. Bolton is a sh1thole with a rubbish football team, one off-license and no private dental practice, but I still love it here.

20. One of the highlights of my life was when I asked Tony Visconti via email what it's like to work with David Bowie and actually got a pretty insightful answer.

21. I used to play football/soccer a lot but gave up in the end because I was rubbish at it.

22. I swear by ELO's Evil Woman.

23. Everyone I've ever met from Rochdale is a total psychopath.

24. Another highlight of my life was when Wigan beat Sheffield United 2-1 to stay in the Premiership on goal difference. It's the only time I've ever wept tears of joy.

25. I'm pretty bored right now.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote