Music Banter - View Single Post - Zodiac signs
Thread: Zodiac signs
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #42 (permalink)
ixtlan22
Loves Jan Terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
because the placement of any degree of confidence in such glaring mendaciousness could very well retard human progress; moreover, profiting from such fraudulence could rather apprehensibly be viewed as exploitative/manipulative and thus immoral.
That's fair enough considering the state astrology is in today but complete closed mindedness to the study of our environment's affects on us will most certainly retard human progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
If the people who are all into horoscopes didn't want this discussed then they should have stuck this in the lounge not here. I haven't seen a single logical reason for why distance celestial bodies determine human character. So forgive people if (having nothing to argue against since no one can answer that question) they sound condescending.
To repeat myself... distant celestial bodies are still part of our environment. We study our immediate environment down to things that are impossible to see with the naked eye. So why should we NOT study the affects (even if to prove that there are none, which I am just as open to) of a part of our environment that is visible with the naked eye?