Music Banter - View Single Post - 2009(81st Oscars)Prediction Threads
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Big3, you're even worse than me and Indie when it comes to the prog thing.

My predictions for who will win.

Best Picture: Slumdog, but knowing the Oscars I think theres a good chance of a Benjamin Button upset.

Best actor: Penn

Best actress: Winslet

Best supportng actor: Ledger

Best supporting actress: Cruz

Best director: Danny Boyle

Best adapted screenplay: Slumdog or Button

Best original screenplay: Milk

Best animated film: Wall-E

Best foreign film: The Class

Best documentary: Man on Wire

Best song: Peter Gabriel

Art direction: Benjamin Button

Cinematography: Button

Costume: Button

Makeup: Button

Music: Button

Visual effects: Button

Hell, I could even be wrong about Penn and Boyle. This could be a clean f*cking sweep for Button. I don't care how many people hated the movie, it's the perfect formula for giving every member of the academy a hard on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeAndno View Post
Meaningless awards are meaningless. Are we going to have a repeat of the Grammys thread and have everyone moan that 'so-and-so' didn't win what they should have won?
C'mon, you're being way too mean.

In no way is the Oscars on the same level as the Grammys. The Oscars at least, actually does recognise talent. I can't really say theres a lot of best picture winners I didn't think was "great", Driving Miss Daisy, English Patient, Titanic and Crash are some exceptions, good films, but nothing outstanding. And Out of Africa and Shakesphere in Love, which were just depressingly mediocre.

I like most oscar nominated films. But Out of Africa, Shakesphere in Love, The Piano, Moulin Rouge, Chocolat and The Hours are among the worst Oscar nominated films I've seen. Those are the only best picture nominated films I wouldn't call good. Well I personally didn't like Erin Brockovich either, I thought Julia Roberts was excessively bitchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I'm sorry to say that I despise the Oscars and generally don't watch the films that are nominated. heath ledger will get the oscar but if he was alive he wouldn't- plain and simple. Sycophantic tossers.
*BUZZ SOUND* WRONG!

And saying Ledger is only getting credit for TDK because he's dead and was wearing makeup is absolutely ridiculous.

A lot of great actors died with a really horrible movie as their swan song and no one just pretends it's great out of respect for the dead.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote