Music Banter - View Single Post - Some 90s emo band a friend played in
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 09:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
alliteration
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBenji View Post
What's the deal with The One AM Radio, are they emo violence?
Not at all. The One AM Radio is essentially Hrishikesh Hirway (even though now he added band members). Really it started out as just a pretty minimalist solo project with some electronic aspects, but he's pretty eclectic, often using horns and plenty of stringed instruments as well. The reason he did a split with JD is because they were all really good friends dating back from the time Hrishi was at Yale, and they decided to do a split together and release it on their friend's (David Slade) label, Garbage Czar records. In fact, David is also really great friends with both groups and also played in a little known punk band called No Evil Star while he was at Yale as well (they actually had set up an east coast tour with JD back in the day, but plans fell through). David is now in American Princes, a rock band based out of his hometown, Little Rock. Check out all those bands if you can, they're all well worth your time.

I have the split between The One AM Radio/JD and it has an excellent JD song as well as my favorite song by The One AM Radio. Of course, the split with July also has 30 Dollar Bill, which is probably one of my favorite JD songs.
alliteration is offline   Reply With Quote