Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bulldog 150
Thread: The Bulldog 150
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #60 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartisanRanger View Post
I'm a bit late to the thread but I have to give you props for including Third World's 96 Degress In The Shade, it's my favorite reggae album. 1865, Human Marketplace, and Tribal War are great tracks.
Human Marketplace is just absolute bliss. Had 96 Degrees for years before I finally got into it. Not my favourite reggae album exactly, but I like you're taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Pysence Fiction is a phenomenal album and it's genre crossing sounds should be embraced.
Definitely an absolute essential. Credit where credit's due - it's another album I've got this place to thank for getting me into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
Damn some mighty fine picks I see you've got there.

I only have Weller's 22 Dreams and it's bloody fantastic, gonna have to check out Wild Wood. I'm not an enormous fan of Brian Eno but I can appreciate his early works as well. Psyence Fiction is an obvious pick and another great one at that. I don't think people give enough credit to James Lavelle for their other works though; War Stories, while sporadic in its brilliance, certainly had higher highs than any other UNKLE production:
I actually don't have War Stories The track in the video's excellent though - certainly one I should keep an eye peeled for. As for Paul Weller, besides Wild Wood, you should go for Stanley Road and his self-titled debut when you can - some fantastic songs on those. Any trouble with finding them, just drop us a line
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote