Music Banter - View Single Post - Should I switch to drums?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Koala
Groupie

Default Should I switch to drums?

I've been playing guitar for about half a year now. Before getting the guitar, I was already thinking about playing drums instead. After I got it, I enjoyed the guitar for... a month or two? Then, I started thinking about drums again. Lately, my want to play drums has just increased and increased, and guitar has just become boring for me; drums just seems like an EXTREMELY attractive instrument.

So, what's holding me back from buying drums? For the most part, money. I've been spending too much; I'm running low on cash, and I'm not sure if I could afford a drum kit, especially if a beginner one costs $350 and I'm not even sure if I'd stay with it for awhile (though I'd plan to.)

My ideal situation would be to play both instruments, but there's no way I'm getting lessons for two instruments at once.

Think I should stay with guitar or try to switch to drums? If drums, how do you think I could get the cash to get them and what's a cheap beginner set? If guitar, when does it actually start to get "fun"? Thanks.

Also, I've been playing on an acoustic constantly. My neighbor lent me an electric, but I need an amp (the amp he gave me was trash.) So, I'm not sure whether I should get an amp or not because I'm not completely sure how much I'll use it, being that... yeah.

Thanks for any responses.
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote