Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica or Megadeth
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #432 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Ok well then I shall apply more reasoning to my decision as such.

Like many young tennagers, growing up in the 90's (yes im sort of young), I had gotten into Metallica at an early age, (around 14) and being the computer wiz I was in the first generation of mp3 file sharing (aka pre-napster) I was having a whale of a time downloading and listening to several of low quality Metallica songs. By this time Metallica was my favorite band, having only really listened to albums of my parents before this I was amazed at feeling you get when you first discover something new, we all get it, no matter how old we are. This feeling continued for quite some time during my adolesence and I began to discover more diverse and defferent kinds of music, including some different types of metal. It was probably around the time shortly after the Napster issue that I realized that my adolescent stint with Metallica would never become something more than that. At this time, several years after, having discovered countless great non-commercial music and picking up bass guitar for the first time, looking back at those days I find it quite comical. Metallica, a band that I believe should be reserved for the ignorant when it come to music, can be used as a stepping stone to great music. But serves no greater purpose in this world.

In conclusion I say, Megadeth certainly isn't my favorite band, but they have stayed true to what they are and I hold alot more respect for them. Therefore, I vote for Megadeth.