Music Banter - View Single Post - You have to listen to this
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #124 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

So I’ve listened to this about 3 times already, and instead of over thinking each song I’m going to just write something as I hear them. Here goes…

Untitled - Love the way it starts off, kind of a folky feel to it. When it jumped into the harder part, I started loving it even more. The guitar is what really does it for me on this one. I have to say this track is freakin’ awesome!
Infrared Eye - Had me bobbing my head for a while, the crazy drums were the highlight for me. I got bored with it after a while and was wondering when it was going to be over, but decided to stick it out. Closer to the end though, the vocals really started kicking some ass.
Monster in Time - Just couldn’t get into this one at all. Background noise for me and nothing more. Maybe I need to give it another listen.
Clockwork - Loved this one as well. It has an infectious beat and the howling vocals in the middle and end of the song made my head want to explode (it’s a good thing!).
Occam’s Razor - A bit too repetitive and dare I say it, bland. Not in keeping with the rest of the album, I don’t think.
International Zombie - Another highlight for me. Frantic, crazy, scattered instruments and screeching vocals to go with it. I want to play it over and over again. It reminds me of myself…scatterbrained and unorganized, but delightfully so.
Napalm Springs - The screaming vocals are what made this song , and when the drums kicked in at the end, it kinda make me sad it was over already.
Cannibal Tale – I’m feeling the bass. I liked how the song changed direction about 2/3 of the way through. This is where the drums really started to keep it interesting and made me want more.
Ultraviolet Arms – I was hooked from the beginning on this one. Instrumentally it was catchy and kept me going, but I think the vocals actually took something away, at least for me personally. The ending was a bit annoying.
Face of the Earth – All I can say is I liked the vocals. I think my brain is starting to melt.
Black Rabbit – Why America, France, and Australia? Just wondering…I couldn’t hear the rest of the lyrics well enough to know what was going on. I like the song well enough. It had kind of a sinister feel to it.

Overall, I’d give it a 6/10. Noise rock has never been my cup of tea, and if I’d done an iota of research on this to know that kind of music it was before I agreed to review it, I probably never would have. But this had a few really great tracks on it, so I’m glad you recommended it for review.