Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #152 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

1. Lynyrd Skynyrd: Greatest Hits ------- Lynyrd Skynyrd

a great compliation of Skynyds music. Every single song is good, not a dud on the whole album, only thing that could make it better was if they had added Four Walls of Raiford and Was I Right Or Wrong.

2. Experience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix ------ Jimi Hendrix

Actually, all of my Jimi Hendrix albums tie for second. I have to select this album from all of my Jimi Hendrix albums solely because it overall has the MOST of my favorite songs on it. It leaves out many many great songs less recognized but it overall is the best.

3. Electric Ladyland ------ Jimi Hendrix

A lot more on the softer, more emotional side of Jimi's music. Love what he does on this album. Gypsy Eyes is masterpiece. He changes it up with a great drum intro and the lyrics are deep and well thought out. Overall, an album by Jimi that should be put into a museum.

4. Waylon Jennings Greatest Hits ------- Waylon Jennings

Best country music album ever made. Full of good rhythm. This album is what country music is all about. Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way is a song that really highlights why Waylon broke away from the Nashville crowd and did his own thing. I have yet to play this album and have someone not like it.

5. Alice In Chains Unplugged ----- Alice In Chains

Very different direction from their heavier stuff like Facelift and Dirt, but they pulled it off beautifully. Jerry Cantrell's guitar skill and music writing skill really stands out in this album. I love this album also because you can really HEAR Layne Staley's voice. In some of the heavier albums, it seems to get drowned out at times. I would suggest anyone who likes this albums to get the music video of them live. its worth seeing them in action.

6. Led Zeppelin (the one with the flying zeppelin on the front) --- Led Zeppelin

I like this album the best of all my Zeppelin albums because of it's blues tendency. Babe Im Gonna Leave You gives me goosebumps when i listen to it. Plant puts so much feeling and emotion in it and Page matches it with his guitar skill and together they are amazing. I Can't Quit You Baby is especially good and should get more recognition than it does. Many more great songs on the album.

7. Into the Wild Sountrack ----- Eddie Vedder

Just Eddie Vedder's voice, and an acoustic guitar. What more could you want?

7. Willie & Family Live ----- Willie Nelson

Willie at his best. Great guitar playing, deep touching lyrics (Red Headed Stranger, If You Could Touch Her At All), then on the other hand, some real hard core honky tonk tunes (Whiskey River, I Gotta Get Drunk). I guarentee if people would listen to this album they would like Willie Nelson.

8. Above ------ Mad Season

Its a shame this was Mad Season's only album, because they were an amazing group. All of the songs are great on this album. Their sound was very unique and different from Layne Staley's former stuff. Mark Lanegans' voice adds a nice touch and so do the awesome guitar riffs and bongos. I would highly suggest this album to any Mark Lanegan and Layne Staley fans.

9. Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits ------- Fleetwood Mac

I'm a huge Fleetwood Mac fan and it is because of this album. Its got all of Fleetwood Mac's good songs EXCEPT Gold Dust Woman, and The Chain, and thats saying something because Fleetwood Mac has alot of great songs.

10. The Doors ------ The Doors

Great album by The Doors. It has alot of Jim's more physcadelic tracks on it with more off-beat and crazy lyrics. That is why i like it so much.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote