Music Banter - View Single Post - love
Thread: love
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 09:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...
Post love

So today, me and a friend of mine had a pretty interetsing conversation. Its started when her boyfriend (of two weeks) told her that he loved her, completely seriously. So after we had exhausted the topic of "what the hell do i say to that!?" we started a pretty long conversation abot love itself. We came to the conclusion that love has pretty much lost all meaning. Now 'm not saying that it doesn't exist anymore, just that the term is thrown around so often, and about so many things, that the true meaning of the word has become lost. So many people confuse love with other feelings, like infatuation, lust etc. It got me to thinking, how many people who say they are in love actually are? i wonder if everyone took a REALLY hard look at the true meaning of the word, how many people would realize that what they feel is in fact something else. I mean, when you think about it, love is arguably the strongest word there is out there, so shouldn't people think about a little harder before they actually say it? it's just kind of interesting to think of, becasue once you start thinking about that, you start thinking about what love really is. I think most people confuse love with other emotions because they have heard all their lives that love is this perfect, ecstatic, butterflies-in-your-stomach experience. It can be like that at first, when your falling in love, but the thing is, that fades away, and if you truly love the person, what you're left with is someone who you share an incredible bond with, who you trust with your most intimate and personal feelings. Just thought i'd post that, cause it started a really long conversation, and i was interested to know what other people's thoughts on the subject were.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote