Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #4260 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_nothing View Post

M83- Saturdays=Youth
i just want to kill all of them. Especially the girl on the right I f*cking just hope it's ironic

These are albums that aren't sh*t by REAL (probably hairy) men from the 1970's with a sense of humour. Both are musical outsiders I think. Props to Jackhammer for the links

Ivor Cutler was Scottish and played a little accordion thing and wrote plenty of classic folk ditties like 'I Believe In Bugs', the sort of music you could have an ale to at a village fete. He was a top-class poet and storyteller above all and a very funny man, his albums are just collages of his rustic wisdom

Robert Wyatt was the drummer/singer/founder of Soft Machine for their first four classic albums and he left before they disappeared up their own arses; he subsequently got pissed and fell out of a hotel window leaving him paralysed from the waist down. This is his first of several acclaimed solo albums from the 70's and was coincidentally recorded with his mate Mr. Cutler. There are 6 tracks which I would classify as abstract underwater-prog-jazz. A bit weird

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote