Music Banter - View Single Post - love
Thread: love
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 04:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Shan
Axe Murderer

Agree with alot of whats been said. Love is the most powerful driving force in human nature I think. I don't think the word is overused, I think its that people are more ready to say they love each other nowadays - my friends and I say it alot to each other. As for being 'in love', just because it's not necessarily long lasting sometimes, doens't mean it's not real, and I wouldn't like to put the feeling of love/in love in a box because it has no calculable definition - we love people in different ways because we have different relationships with them, there are no rules and who says it should last 'X' amount of time to be real love? There's too many ways of loving to possibly define it. There's loving yourself, other people, animals, humanity, your god, music....etc etc.. If someone (a partner) told me they loved me after 2 weeks I'd think it was very sweet of them and plausible because sometimes you can know a person and share a strong bond very quickly, however if a man said he was 'in love' with me after 2 weeks I have to say I'd just assume they were getting carried away with their strong feelings and take it with a pinch of salt! Love comes from the heart and the more we open up to it the more we find, in a million different ways.
Shan is offline   Reply With Quote