Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #4299 (permalink)
Brad Stengel
This Space for Rent

Neil Young- "On The Beach"
I haven't picked up a Neil Young album in years, plus I've been hankerin' for good country rock, and since Im pretty naive to the genre I have to resort to picking up Neil Young albums and hoping for the best. But, in terms of the album, it's good. Its sounds like what I expected it to sound like, but thats a good thing.

The Nervous Eaters- "Eaterville"
This is a comp of a great early 70's Boston band. They sound exactly like Raw Power era Iggy Pop spliced with Exile era Rolling Stones. If that combo makes you wet, this is worth seeking out, all of the first 7 or so tracks are excellent, and while the end of the album kind of peters out, its only because the beginning sets the bar so high.

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart- "s/t"
I heard this was good twee pop, which I love, so I bought it. Aaaannnndddd I really don't like it. You know how sometimes M83 sounds like they're trying to hard to be 80's on the newest album? Well thats exactly what this whole album does: become goofy and not enjoyable by trying to sound too 80's. Plus they rip off The J&MC alot, which is always annoying because why would I listen to this or "A Place to Bury Strangers" when I have a perfectly unscratched (so far) copy of Psychocandy at home?

Sunset Rubdown- "Shut Up I am Dreaming"

This record is pretty good, Im not much of a Wolf Parade fan, but for whatever reason, Sunset Rubdown tickles my fancy. His voice can be a little over the top, but hey, so is the music, so why not. They're kind of Arcade Fire-y, but more technical. Actually they kind of have that generic indie rock sound that rips Arcade Fire, but its still good. Trust Me.