Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Quiz
Thread: The Music Quiz
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
  1. Bon Scott was AC/DC's singer, but died in 1980. Afterwards, the band considered breaking up, but decided to hire a new singer and continue. The first post-bon album released the same year he died was "Back in Black" which is now only behind Thriller as the most sold album and officially the best selling album by a band. What's the name of AC/DC's singer who was recruited in time to make this masterpiece?
  2. Michael Angelo Batio is one of many known guitar virtuosos. He's known for playing a somewhat special guitar. What's so special about it? Name it or describe roughly.
  3. Which wacky and zany bespeckled fun-punk band played the minor hit "Nellie the Elephant"?
  4. The album "The Crazy World of Arthur Brown" was a psychedelia landmark from the group by the same name. If I'm thinking of a hot hit from that album, what is the title of the song I'm thinking of?
  5. David Bowie's song "I'm Afraid of Americans" was co-written by Bowie and Brian Eno, but a mix-collaboration version with a certain american industrial rock group would produce the most popular version with an accompanying music video. Which group?
  6. Not long ago, Coldplay was (again) sued for plagiarism by a famous guitarist for stealing significant portions of his song for their hit "Viva la Vida" from their latest album. Which famous guitarist?
  7. Marilyn Manson has covered many songs, among them popular 80s hit "Tainted Love". However, the song was first popularized with another cover version in 1981 by which english synthpop duo?
  8. Which famous country artist co-starred in all three of the Smokey and the Bandits films and also got a hit with the theme for the first movie?
  9. Which now deceased austrian pop artist made a "rap song" about Amadeus Mozart?
  10. Who made the soundtrack for the movie "Edward Scissorhands"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianogirl75 View Post
1. Brian Johnson
2. Quad Guitar
3. Toy Dolls
4. ?
5. Nine Inch Nails
6. The Satch, Joe Satriani
7. Soft Cell
8. ?
9. Falco
10. ?
Really good attempt here by Pianogirl

Brian Johnson is right, Quad Guitar is alright but I wish there was a description - Toy Dolls is correct. Nine Inch Nails, Satriani, Soft Cell, Falco .. all those correct.

I'll list the solutions I did not give you points for :
  • 4. Fire
  • 8. Jerry Reed
  • 10. Danny Elfman

That gives Pianogirl75 7 points for a 7 points total!

I'm drunk at the moment and don't usually have internet these days and on top of that, I'm going on a cabin trip for the weekend so I won't be able to post new questions until monday. If anyone else want to give it a shot, go ahead.