Music Banter - View Single Post - hall of shame
Thread: hall of shame
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Yesterday when I came online here I had to delete 6 accounts and all their posts and about about 12 threads , and deal with 2 members queries which meant spending approx 15 mins doing this before I could even begin to post anything myself.

If I was to edit all the posts individually and then start PMing reminders to people telling them to read the rules, then you could add about another half hour to that.

And the thing is only a small minority of these spammers bother coming back once they've got their spam posted to read these PMs.
i totally get what you're saying here but i think johne has a valid point with the idea of displaying the terms before joining. although from what i remember that already happens. maybe just a terms for dummies version with the main points in bold, especially the ones that hit a grey area (like myspace links in their sig)

maybe something like:

1 - single word posts are frowned upon
2 - making 15 posts as fast as possible so you can drop a link in your 16th then not posting again that day will get your account deleted.
3 - don't put a link in your signature until you've bookmarked the site and made it part of your regular surfing routine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote